Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Baltimore smart home
At the center of your home security, the Vivint Smart Hub incorporates your security sensors, locks, thermostats, and cameras into one unified system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color touchscreen places you in total charge of your Baltimore home’s security and automation. Learn more about how it will help you and explore suggestions to get started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Baltimore do for you?
Wirelessly linking to sensors and other implements through radio wave signals and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your residence. You can arm or disarm your system, program lights, set the temperature, and more. When incorporating a doorbell camera, you may even chat with visitors on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub includes built-in cellular connectivity and a battery backup to ensure reliable performance. It also provides total remote operation via the Vivint mobile app.
Here’s a sample of the functions you can perform:
- View live or recorded footage from your connected security cameras
- Arm and disarm your home security
- Turn lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Change your thermostat’s temperature
- Speak directly to monitoring professionals
You can take convenience to another level with your Vivint Smart Hub in Baltimore by programming schedules or initiating preferences. To illustrate, you could have your smart thermostat automatically adjust each night at a specified time. Or, you can incorporate preferences like having your entrances unlock if the smoke alarm triggers.
Tips for arming and disarming your security system
Before you delve into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll need to know how to arm and disarm your system. It’s easy - just follow these steps:
- Touch the shield icon on the home screen and slide to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay signifies you will be in your house and arms everything except interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away signifies you will be gone, and all sensors in the home will activate.
- To disarm, simply slide the shield icon down and enter your PIN.
The main screen will post a notification if something is preventing the system from arming. For instance, an open window will urge you to take action. It’s worth noting that you may still arm your home’s security by adhering to the steps above. You will then have to verify that you want to ignore the sensor that isn’t ready.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Baltimore
Although multiple users can be set up when you first get your system, you will likely want to add another user down the road. Here are steps to do so.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right-hand side of the home screen.
- Press “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Select “Name,” enter the new user, and press the Next button.
- If you want to supply the user remote functionality, tap phone or email and provide the details to dispatch an invitation.
- Choose Next and then establish a PIN for the added user.
- To take out a user, simply go to the menu, touch users, select the user you would like to get rid of, and then tap “Delete User.”
Add security and convenience to your home with Vivint
Do you want to take control of your home’s automation and security through an easy-to-operate touchscreen panel? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Baltimore home security system. Call (410) 231-7697 to get started.