Tips to cut down on false alarms in Baltimore
False alarms are a real concern for home security systems. Not only can they be a burden on your time and pocketbook, but they may lower the faith you have in your equipment. Thankfully, you are able to do a number of things to minimize false alarms from your Baltimore home security system.
As the first step, ensure that your devices connected properly. This process may appear to be a no-brainer, but it frequently happens that overlooked mistakes result in false alarms. For the next step, keep an eye on likely causes of false alarms, like a back door that might be left ajar by accident. And of course, you should try to integrate the various options like setting automation schedules to cut down on false alarms in Baltimore.
Might it be really that straightforward? Keep reading to find out.
Many false alarms in Baltimore could be averted
When figuring out any issue, the initial step is to reference the manual. Make sure all your components are set up correctly on your end by:
- Performing a diagnostic through your smart hub.
- Visually check each sensor to ensure it didn't get knocked out of place or need a battery change.
- Inspect your schedules and presets to ensure that your system isn’t activating at inappropriate times.
- Make sure all integrated smart devices are installed properly and aren't disrupting your system.
Call your service agent if you still have problems cutting down false alarms in your Baltimore home. They'll be pleased to schedule a trained expert to check your equipment.
Check your doors and windows
In the event your system appears to be alright, the ensuing measure is to do a sweep of your property. Are your entries shut tight, or are any mistakenly open? If an entrance is left unsecured, it may trigger a sensor. In the event your family consistently forgets to secure an entry point, you might want to install a smart lock that secures automatically when your system goes live. Regrettably, windows take extra physical effort, particularly if you have a family member who likes to rest with a cracked window. Thankfully, your Vivint installation makes it a breeze to disengage that alarm while protecting the remaining areas of the property.
Automation tends to be a great way to cut down on false alarms in Baltimore
One of the most effective methods to reduce the likelihood of false alarms is to incorporate automation into your home security system. With your security app, have the ability to:
- Set a schedule to disengage the alarm when you’re on site and avoid false alarms that happen due to absentmindedly opening doors or windows. Then have it reactivate automatically again that evening when you’re asleep.
- Program the alarm to disengage as your smart locking mechanism is activated with the proper code.
- Set geotracking to arm the alarm if you exit the premises, then disengage when you come back to the house.
- Get mobile notifications when your implements detect uncommon motion or need a battery change.
- Connect your system to a smart home speaker, so you can operate your system without the mobile app or your touchscreen.
Cut down on false alarms in Baltimore with a Vivint smart home
An enhanced level of command over your property’s security means less chance of false alarms. To customize your Vivint security package, reach out to (410) 231-7697 or complete the following form.