What should you do when your Baltimore home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system shields your residence – and your family members – against the multitude of risks you might face, like break-ins, fire, and carbon monoxide leaks. Even though your home may be prepared, that doesn’t necessarily mean you are. Do you know what to do if your Baltimore home alarm system goes off? The blasting of an alarm can be jarring, disorienting, and may cause panic. Your best option is to stay composed and adhere to these easy tips.
Actions to Take Whenever Your Home Alarm System In Baltimore Sounds
You don’t want to be in this dilemma, but it’s also the reason why you ordered a home alarm system from the outset. You’re awakened in the wee hours of the morning with the unmistakable blaring of an alarm after a security sensor has been triggered. Now what are you going to do?
- Try not to panic. This is easy to say but harder to do when your home security alarm is ringing loudly, and your pulse is pounding. But staying calm is the best way to appraise what is happening. Avoid the temptation of trying to manage the emergency alone instead allow your monitoring agents and first responders to do their job.
- Take care of your loved ones. Your priority should be your loved ones and getting them to safety. If you are dealing with a intrusion, this might mean proceeding to a predetermined secure area as far away from access points as possible. The trespasser was probably already turned away by the alarm, but it’s always a good idea to be extra cautious. If there’s smoke or a blaze, please vacate your residence without delay.
- Don’t forget your smartphone. The vast majority of homeowners keep their phones with them all the time these days, but you may fail to take it during an emergency. It’s a good thing to have. You’ll be able to stay in touch with your monitoring professionals and get updates through your home security app.
Connect With Your Round-the-clock Monitoring Team
Any time your home alarm system in Baltimore goes off, your 24-hour monitoring professionals will instantly act. Their first move is to verify your alarm, and that includes getting in contact with you. The protocol they adhere to is dependent on the type of emergency. For example, when the emergency is of a medical nature, a single attempt will be made to contact you before first responders are sent out. If you have a burglary alarm - the most frequent type of event - a monitoring professional will adhere to these guidelines to contact you:
- An attempt will be made to communicate with you via the command hub. You will usually be asked for a passcode.
- If that attempt doesn’t result in a response, a call is made to your primary contact number.
- A second number or first emergency contact is called next.
- If there is still no answer, nearby police are deployed.
- Your monitoring specialists will follow up with you again after the proper authorities are notified.
If you're not able to communicate with monitoring agents, don’t fret. Help will still be dispatched even when you're unable to substantiate the emergency.
Prepare for any situation with a Vivint home alarm system in Baltimore
Get prepared for any emergency with a state-of-the-art home alarm system in Baltimore from Vivint. Contact (410) 231-7697 to start the customization of your home’s protection today.